What are the trends in telecom for the next few years? Who knows, who cares? Actually a lot of people care—it’s just that not many of us are good at figuring out what is likely to be important. Beryl M over at India’s Voice & Data has some interesting opinions for one of the world’s largest telecom markets.
It seems that the following technologies might be on the radar screen for 2011 there;
- 3G - reaching its peak
- MNP -
- BWA, WiMax and LTE
- Increasing rural mobility
- Cloud, data center virtualization, and shift to all-IP network
- Infrastructure sharing, M&As and operator consolidation
- Smart-grid and green technology
- FMC, UC, managed services and M2M popularity
- Proliferation of smartphones, smart devices and local MNCs
- Value Added Services
While India is a completely different market from North America it is rather surprising to see the level of overlap with our own world. Read the entire article here.